You might want to get a Bible and read the following verses for yourself: Romans 12:1,2;
As you get to know the Lord, in your new life, keep in mind some of the following things:
- This new life is a life of trusting God. You no longer belong to yourself; you are His! (Galatians 2:20, I Corinthians 6:19,20)
- Find some other people who have made the same commitment to Jesus as you have. Spend time with them. Pray for them and with them. Try to avoid hanging around people that "bring you down," particularly those who you know will tempt you to do stuff that won't please God.
- Ask the Lord to free up the areas of sin in your life that kept you in bondage. Seek God to deliver you from these "strongholds." Ask mature Christian friends to pray for and with you to root out these long-standing patterns
- Ask the Lord to give you the fullness of His Holy Spirit. He wants to express the powerful life of Jesus through you to others. Tell others about the Love of God you have received! Pass it on!
- Let us know of your decision. We'll do our best to pray for you and let you know of other resources that will help you grow in Christ.
Let us know of your decision to become a disciple of Jesus Christ. We can help you with information and friendship! Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.